ARMTC Forum
RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! UPDATE -> NEW image beta3 - Printable Version

+- ARMTC Forum (https://forum.armtc.net)
+-- Forum: Raspberry Pi 2/3 – Thin Client Project (https://forum.armtc.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Old RPiTC2/3 old beta discussion (https://forum.armtc.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! UPDATE -> NEW image beta3 (/showthread.php?tid=1746)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! UPDATE -> NEW image beta3 - admin - 27-11-2015

The new 1.99 beta3 is available Smile

This beta include the new RPiTC Builder. RPiTC Builder is a simple gui that help you to install, remove and configure your RPiTC OS. This beta OS come with: Iceweasel, SSH Server, VNC Server, Docky and Conky.

install/remove software/services by enabling or disabling the corrisponding checkbox. RPiTC Builder have 6 pages:
- Main TC (Citrix ICA, VMWare Horizon, NoMachine, 2X, Thinlinc, Iceweasel, ICA H.264 hardware accelerated plugin for RPi2)
- Other TC (x2go, spice, x3270, tn5250, Xephyr)
- RDP (RDesktop, xFreeRDP, xFreeRDP GIT, dFreeRDP)
- Services (CUPS, VNC Server, SSH Server, Conky, Docky, VirtualHere USB Server, VPNc, OpenVPN, Openconnect, Bluetooth)
- Other Service (new menu with add/remove overclock config, add/remove apt-get commands, add/remove specific wlan/bluetooth firmware)
- Custom (add new custom service/software)

after selecting the softwares/services click on Bash me! button. A new window will show with the commands needed to update/remove the selected softwares/services.

Now click on "Open Xterm" and from this window execute: ./bashme.sh. For more verbose output run: bash -x ./bashme.sh
Also you can send and execute the builded install script to a remote client with:
sshpass -p "mypassword" ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -p 22 root@remoteClient 'bash -s' < /opt/bashme.sh
where "mypassword" is the remote client root password and "remoteClient" is the IPaddress or the FQN of the remote client.

When the script end reboot the system.

Download the image here:
http://dl.armtc.net/RPi-TC/RPiTC2_r1.99.beta3.img.xz
http://dl.armtc.net/RPi-TC/RPiTC2_r1.99.beta3.img.zip

Please use this thread for your feedback/suggestion/bug/request!

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - R. Spitz - 27-11-2015

Great news! Couldn't wait to try it out.

On running "bashme.sh", I learned the hard way that I'm behind a corporate firewall and had forgotten to set the proxies in /etc/environment and /etc/profile.local. Doh! Back to writing the image file, just to make sure.

Can't set the hostname permanently. /etc/init.d/hostname.sh doesn't contain the section any more that had to be commented out in previous versions. So where is the hostname set in the new version?

Created bashme.sh with only VMWare Horizon enabled,removed everything else including conky. Script ran without error, after reboot I have an empty desktop. What am I doing wrong? I expected the Horizon icon to appear on the desktop, but apparently I'm on the wrong track.

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - Walter Stemberger - 27-11-2015

Downloaded, I will begin to test Monday... ;-)

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - palto42 - 28-11-2015

I'm trying VMware Horizon but got an error message at start:
"error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file"

After installing the packege "libXss1" it started.
But got another error now as soon as it connects to the desktop (after establishing the connection to the server):
"SSLLoadSharedLibraries: Failed to load OpenSSL libraries. libdir is /usr/lib/vmware

This folder contains libssl.so.1.0.2 - not sure what is missing.

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - admin - 28-11-2015

(27-11-2015, 05:43 PM)R. Spitz Wrote: Great news! Couldn't wait to try it out.

On running "bashme.sh", I learned the hard way that I'm behind a corporate firewall and had forgotten to set the proxies in /etc/environment and /etc/profile.local. Doh! Back to writing the image file, just to make sure.

Can't set the hostname permanently. /etc/init.d/hostname.sh doesn't contain the section any more that had to be commented out in previous versions. So where is the hostname set in the new version?

Created bashme.sh with only VMWare Horizon enabled,removed everything else including conky. Script ran without error, after reboot I have an empty desktop. What am I doing wrong? I expected the Horizon icon to appear on the desktop, but apparently I'm on the wrong track.

hostname script is here: /opt/scripts/hostname.sh
without docky the icons will appear in the right-click menu. If you want to enable the icons on desktop you have to modify the desktop preference under settings (i didnt remember exactly the right option)

(28-11-2015, 12:40 PM)palto42 Wrote: I'm trying VMware Horizon but got an error message at start:
"error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file"

But got another error now as soon as it connects to the desktop (after establishing the connection to the server):
"SSLLoadSharedLibraries: Failed to load OpenSSL libraries. libdir is /usr/lib/vmware

Another user report me the same error ("SSLLoadSharedLibraries: Failed to load OpenSSL libraries. libdir is /usr/lib/vmware). I havent a vmware infrastructure to play with so... Could you please make some debug with strace? (strace -s 10000 -o output -f -ff /usr/bin/vmware-player)
Thanks

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - palto42 - 28-11-2015

(28-11-2015, 04:00 PM)admin Wrote:
(28-11-2015, 12:40 PM)palto42 Wrote: I'm trying VMware Horizon but got an error message at start:

Another user report me the same error ("SSLLoadSharedLibraries: Failed to load OpenSSL libraries. libdir is /usr/lib/vmware). I havent a vmware infrastructure to play with so... Could you please make some debug with strace? (strace -s 10000 -o output -f -ff /usr/bin/vmware-player)
Thanks

Hi,
I run with strace but don't know how to get the output uploaded. The strace created multiple files of which the largest is 12M. Tried to compress as tar.gz, but this was still too large (>1M), then tried 7z which provided file less than 1M but got the error that this attachment type is not allowed.

(28-11-2015, 04:34 PM)palto42 Wrote:

Thanks

Hi,
I run with strace but don't know how to get the output uploaded. The strace created multiple files of which the largest is 12M. Tried to compress as tar.gz, but this was still too large (>1M), then tried 7z which provided file less than 1M but got the error that this attachment type is not allowed.

Could you please upload it to google drive or similar? Otherwise send me an email to gibbio AT gmail DOT com

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - palto42 - 29-11-2015

Thanks

I've sent you a PM with a download link.

RE: RPiTC2 beta 1.99 out! - admin - 30-11-2015

(29-11-2015, 01:55 PM)palto42 Wrote: I've sent you a PM with a download link.

Thanks.
I've take a look and i've found something here:
readlink("/proc/self/exe", "/usr/bin/vmware-remotemks", 2048) = 25
geteuid32() = 1000
futex(0x76af60ac, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
open("/usr/bin/libcrypto.so.1.0.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/bin/libdir/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.1/libcrypto.so.1.0.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.1-i386/libcrypto.so.1.0.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.1/libcrypto.so.1.0.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/lib/vmware/libcrypto.so.1.0.1", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "SSLLoadSharedLibraries: Failed to load OpenSSL libraries. libdir is /usr/lib/vmware\n", 84) = 84
gettimeofday({1448719988, 58481}, NULL) = 0
write(6, "2015-11-28T15:13:08.058+01:00| main| E100: PANIC: SSLLoadSharedLibraries: Failed to load OpenSSL libraries. libdir is /usr/lib/vmware\n", 134) = 134

Seem that Horizon is looking for libcrypto.so.1.0.1 (and maybe also for libssl.so.1.0.1) but in the /usr/lib/vmware/ folder the libs are 1.0.2.
Maybe just a link can solve the problem:
cd /usr/lib/vmware/
ln -s libssl.so.1.0.2 libssl.so.1.0.1
ln -s libcrypto.so.1.0.2 libcrypto.so.1.0.1