Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEX2BIN MAC Online MAC Address changer
12-11-2013, 01:38 PM,
FEX2BIN MAC Online MAC Address changer
MAC Address in Cubieboard2 is random or fixed by script.bin file.
To assign a fixed MAC address you have to rebuild FEX file, insert new MACAddress and save it on boot partition.
I´ve created a web tool to easily generate and rebuild FEX with new MACAddress: http://fex.armtc.net/

Just click on "Generate MAC" (or manually put your MAC address) and then click on "Generate script.bin" to save the new script.bin with fixed MACAddress.
18-11-2013, 07:52 AM,
RE: FEX2BIN MAC Online MAC Address changer
(12-11-2013, 01:38 PM)Gibbio Wrote: MAC Address in Cubieboard2 is random or fixed by script.bin file.
To assign a fixed MAC address you have to rebuild FEX file, insert new MACAddress and save it on boot partition.
I´ve created a web tool to easily generate and rebuild FEX with new MACAddress: http://fex.armtc.net/

Just click on "Generate MAC" (or manually put your MAC address) and then click on "Generate script.bin" to save the new script.bin with fixed MACAddress.
Hi,
Can you confirm the reason why you have said not to have multiple cb2's on a network with your image is due to the randomness of their MAC addresses?
Is a way around this to hardcode them and then its ok?

Is there any known way to do this on the fly using some system identified to ensure it truly is random?

Thankyou
Paul

PS: Beta is great, performance with vmware-view client is much snappier than with the pi.
18-11-2013, 11:16 AM,
Beta image comes with fixed MACAddress, duplicate (or worse random) MAC address on the same LAN is not so good Smile
So this is the reason, Sys/netadmin didnt like to have an board/equipment/etc with random mac address on its LAN Wink
Would you like to use 50 Cubieboard2 on your LAN? I strongly suggest you to create 50 script.bin with different mac address.
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM,
what to do with the file script.bin? I copy it to the / of the SD Card but no effect.
19-11-2014, 10:41 AM,
(03-07-2014, 09:30 PM)abix Wrote: what to do with the file script.bin? I copy it to the / of the SD Card but no effect.

I have the same issue. abix did you get it fixed ? If so please share how you did it.