• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta image for RaspberryPi2 available!
09-02-2015, 02:41 PM,
Beta image for RaspberryPi2 available!
http://rpitc.blogspot.fr/2015/02/rpi-tc-...ready.html

Smile
happy testing!
09-02-2015, 03:49 PM,
RE: Beta image for RaspberryPi2 available!
Man your fast!

Can't wait to try it out...too bad I'm still waiting for my Pi2 board.
09-02-2015, 04:50 PM,
What's the password to use 'su -' for this image?

I tried 'rpitc' but that doesn't seem to work.

Many thanks.
09-02-2015, 05:11 PM,
(09-02-2015, 04:50 PM)Matt Harris Wrote: What's the password to use 'su -' for this image?

I tried 'rpitc' but that doesn't seem to work.

Many thanks.

rpitc/raspberry
root/root
09-02-2015, 05:30 PM,
(09-02-2015, 05:11 PM)admin Wrote: rpitc/raspberry
root/root

Thanks!
18-02-2015, 01:24 PM,
Hi,

thanks for the Images. It works great. I tested it with Citrix and it is running fast than our Igel Thin Clients.

USB Card Reader passing to Citrix works also fine. Keyboard via Bluetooth adapter works also.

Now I have a question: How can I change the password "LOL" for admin mode and how can I change the password for VNC from nothing to a real password?

Thanks for you great work man! :-)

Bye Briloner
18-02-2015, 02:28 PM,
(18-02-2015, 01:24 PM)briloner Wrote: Hi,

thanks for the Images. It works great. I tested it with Citrix and it is running fast than our Igel Thin Clients.

USB Card Reader passing to Citrix works also fine. Keyboard via Bluetooth adapter works also.

Now I have a question: How can I change the password "LOL" for admin mode and how can I change the password for VNC from nothing to a real password?

Thanks for you great work man! :-)

Bye Briloner

Your IGEL TC comes with lot of options and a central management that is light years ahead of rpitc, about the "speed" that just depends on wich hardware you use. I've personally used an IGEL UD5 and I think is the more advanced TC i've ever used.
It's just a metter of "what i need and how many time i can spend on it", rpitc is ok if you can spend lot of time to update, install, distribute, customize, administer etc, with IGEL (or other commercial solutions) just plug the TC and with a few click you can do everything while taking a good coffee Smile
Back to your questions,
You can change the admin password in
/root/.bash_profile
line:
ADMINPASSWORD="LOL" #password for entering AdminMode
For the VNC password you can run (as rpitc user):
x11vnc --storepasswd
and remember to change the startup script for x11vnc to this:
x11vnc -forever -usepw
18-02-2015, 02:42 PM,
We only use the Thin Clients for connecting to a published Desktop (Citrix). There are only MS Office applications, Chrome for internet and our ERP system runs in telnet session (IBM i5). For that I don't need a UD5. We are using the Igel UD2 and when I visit a web page with many pictures and videos scrolling is impossible. With the raspberry 2 it works fine and I pay only 1/3 from the price for a Igel UD2.

For us that is great.

I look forward for you non beta image.
If it runs like the beta or better we will buy the next clients in raspberry. :-)
19-02-2015, 01:23 PM,
I have some trouble with USB Device:

I attached a USB card reader. Then I plugin a Card. I can see it on the desktop and in citrix.

Then I unplug the card and plugin another card and the content on /media/usb0/ is shown as the same like the first card, but the content is different.

Have you any idear about this?
26-02-2015, 12:42 AM,
Hi Gibbio,

Any idea when this new Beta Image for rpitc2 will be out of Beta? (still waiting for my Pi to arrive).

Thanks!