Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
10-02-2015, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015, 12:50 PM by admin.)
RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
I create this post to collect suggestion/bug for the new RPi-TC2 release.

Feature to add:
- usb redirection (like http://www.incentivespro.com and/or http://www.virtualhere.com) -> Ready
- NoMachine client (try to get official NoMachine 4.x client) -> Testing...
- vWorkspaces 7.7.3 -> no armhf release found :/
- freerdp/rdesktop fast link -> Ready
- add TN5250 and x3270 terminal interface -> Ready
- add CUPS support -> Ready
- add JRE support
- add wifi gui -> Ready
- add openvpn, vpnc support -> Ready
- add network manager gui -> Ready
- accelerated dFreeRDP -> Ready
- Links to configure Freerdp/rdesktop/locales/time zone -> Ready

Know issues:
- no audio out -> Ready
- some visual problem with Citrix and Compositor -> Just disable composition feature if needed
- ntp/fake-hwclock not working properly -> Ready
- SPICE Client -> Ready
- numlockx -> not installed
- umount as user -> broken
10-02-2015, 05:55 PM,
RE: RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
I am interested in the NoMachine Client. Do you want to implement the old freenx client or a real NoMachine CLient using HW decoding/encoding of H264/VP8?
10-02-2015, 11:39 PM,
For USB redirection I like to use Virtualhere - https://www.virtualhere.com/. It's not free for more than one USB device connected but they have a good price in my opinion and the developer is very responsive to issues if they arise.

But if you prefer another USB redirection software I can install Virtualhere easily. Smile
12-02-2015, 12:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 12:41 AM by Frank van Ierland.)
One question i'm trying to test the image but need to add certs for citrix. The default pwd for rpitc does't seem to work anny more. Wat is the pwd For this image?
12-02-2015, 12:01 PM,
(12-02-2015, 12:40 AM)Frank van Ierland Wrote: One question i'm trying to test the image but need to add certs for citrix. The default pwd for rpitc does't seem to work anny more. Wat is the pwd For this image?

rpitc/raspberry
root/root
12-02-2015, 12:03 PM,
(10-02-2015, 05:55 PM)Heinz2k Wrote: I am interested in the NoMachine Client. Do you want to implement the old freenx client or a real NoMachine CLient using HW decoding/encoding of H264/VP8?

I'll try to contact NoMachine team to get a NEON version
12-02-2015, 05:26 PM,
Hi,

My compliments on the Beta image. It's looking great. I'm testing it right now in our VMware View environment with the PCoIP protocol enabled.. I've been working with it all day without any problems.

I am however having some issues with time sync. We have an internal NTP server set up. When I edit the ntp.conf file to this server, it doesn't sync on start up. It takes a few minutes before the correct time pops up. I also tried setting the timezone, but somehow the View Client doesn't pick up correctly on the timezone. This causes a 1 hour difference in my VMWare session compared to the local Linux distro.

Any ideas?
13-02-2015, 11:48 AM,
(12-02-2015, 05:26 PM)Aico Wrote: Hi,

My compliments on the Beta image. It's looking great. I'm testing it right now in our VMware View environment with the PCoIP protocol enabled.. I've been working with it all day without any problems.

I am however having some issues with time sync. We have an internal NTP server set up. When I edit the ntp.conf file to this server, it doesn't sync on start up. It takes a few minutes before the correct time pops up. I also tried setting the timezone, but somehow the View Client doesn't pick up correctly on the timezone. This causes a 1 hour difference in my VMWare session compared to the local Linux distro.

Any ideas?

NTP on this beta image have some problem for me too, take too much time to update and on startup the conky plugins show 00:00 1 Jan 1970 as date...
Seem the 'fake-hwclock' isnt working at all, time and date is not saved and/or beign resetted every reboot
16-02-2015, 01:31 AM,
Wifi with rpitc
Great beta! Works great with ethernet.

I'm having difficulty with wifi, though. Is wifi supported in this release?
16-02-2015, 10:02 AM,
(16-02-2015, 01:31 AM)Mark Amos Wrote: Great beta! Works great with ethernet.

I'm having difficulty with wifi, though. Is wifi supported in this release?

Not yet Smile