Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
16-02-2015, 04:02 PM,
RE: RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
first thank for yours job.

(google traduction i am french sorry)
An idea for a centralized connection management.

A linux server hosting a table (file or database?) :
Mac address rpi, ip of the server, loggin, password, connection type ( citix , RDP ... )
The thin client start looking if its MAC address is known to the server.
Whether it uses the session that was set by the administrator, or it adds its MAC address to the list and wait.(need reboot after configuration on server ?)

A web page for the administratation in server...

Possible or juste a dream ?

Zegechel
16-02-2015, 08:38 PM,
Funny you should mention central management..I've been investigating this as well. In fact I mention some of my thoughts in this thread - http://forum.armtc.net/showthread.php?tid=1490.

There are many types of Pi monitoring webpages that give you details on the Pi (and one even gives you shell access to the Pi through Shellinabox) but I keep thinking an LTSP type deployment might work best for me in deploying an image to my Raspberry Pi's and affording me the central management of each Raspberry Pi.
18-02-2015, 01:58 AM,
Anybody able to get the resolution set to 1920x1080?
19-02-2015, 11:58 PM,
I got the beta up and running with Citrix Receiver attached to XenDesktop 7.1 - seems to work great!

... then I started messing with it Sad

I decided to update the image with apt-get. First thing that I am getting is an error about the repository not being trusted. I (probably foolishly) updated anyhow, and now when I reboot the device it does not auto-login any more. I haven't dug in to why yet - wondering if anybody else has run updates and has a similar problem?
20-02-2015, 09:47 AM,
(19-02-2015, 11:58 PM)Starseed6 Wrote: I got the beta up and running with Citrix Receiver attached to XenDesktop 7.1 - seems to work great!

... then I started messing with it Sad

I decided to update the image with apt-get. First thing that I am getting is an error about the repository not being trusted. I (probably foolishly) updated anyhow, and now when I reboot the device it does not auto-login any more. I haven't dug in to why yet - wondering if anybody else has run updates and has a similar problem?

it's a beta Smile
20-02-2015, 06:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-02-2015, 08:49 PM by BrianD100.)
Hello,

I am new to the whole raspberry pi concept, I am trying to figure out why I am not getting any audio out on the VMware VDI Client. Looking at the volume control, It appears to be audio working. My connection at the time is using analog for audio with ear buds, and using HDMI to DVI cable to connect to the monitor, but I am not sure if the audio is going through the HDMI port or the analog port. Any suggestion help would be appreciated. Output device virtual: Dummy output. I do see that a known issue is audio out, if that is the case and nobody is getting any audio then disregard this post Smile

Thank you.
20-02-2015, 10:53 PM,
I'm getting weird transparency issues in Citrix Receiver.
21-02-2015, 03:37 AM,
(20-02-2015, 10:53 PM)elizle Wrote: I'm getting weird transparency issues in Citrix Receiver.

Not sure if this is helpful to you

From Admin on first post: - some visual problem with Citrix and Compositor -> Just disable composition feature if needed
21-02-2015, 09:46 AM,
To get sound working i added the following line to /etc/modules

snd-bcm2835

or you can run modprobe snd-bcm2835 from the command line
23-02-2015, 01:47 PM,
Xfreerdp poor performance
After connected to Windows 2012 R2 with xfreerdp. Screen transition looks like aero effects and it is slow.
When remotefx is enabled it behaves like that. Maybe remotefx is enabled by default. Is there any parameter that it is disabled