Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
23-02-2015, 07:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015, 08:59 PM by BrianD100.)
RE: RPi-TC 2 beta help needed!
(21-02-2015, 09:46 AM)ryan268 Wrote: To get sound working i added the following line to /etc/modules

snd-bcm2835

or you can run modprobe snd-bcm2835 from the command line

THANK YOU! Smile
23-02-2015, 09:47 PM,
VMWare Horizon Client, how can I adjust video and audio to sync better? I haven't had much luck on the internet quite yet.
24-02-2015, 12:35 AM,
I've also got USB redirection working with the VMware View client.
You have to copy /usr/lib/vmware/vmware-view-usbd to /usr/lib or make a symlink.

Then you need to start the following from the root user

/usr/lib/vmware/vmware-usbarbitrator
/usr/lib/vmware-view-usbd

I put them both into a init script in /etc/init.d so they start at boot. And made the VMware view client run from a script as a XFCE autostart item.

Works flawlessly
24-02-2015, 05:12 AM,
(24-02-2015, 12:35 AM)ryan268 Wrote: I've also got USB redirection working with the VMware View client.
You have to copy /usr/lib/vmware/vmware-view-usbd to /usr/lib or make a symlink.

Then you need to start the following from the root user

/usr/lib/vmware/vmware-usbarbitrator
/usr/lib/vmware-view-usbd

I put them both into a init script in /etc/init.d so they start at boot. And made the VMware view client run from a script as a XFCE autostart item.

Works flawlessly

Nice, I will have to give that a shot at work tomorrow.
27-02-2015, 11:14 AM,
Hey! Been following your project for quite some time now - Raspberry Pi 2 really umpfs the ups Wink. I've seen some report already, but like to clarify that you are missing your public key:
Code:
GPG error: http://cortexa7.armtc.net sid InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6888B14D3826F949

Besides that, no real issues aside from what's already in the list. The default font looks a bit off within a terminal, but otherwise I would say you got a rather good beta going!

More to come, just powered it on for the first time 1 hour ago Wink.
03-03-2015, 10:59 AM,
I have a question about the distri, is it possible to manage these pi's from a management pi/server

this way so you can manage all the thinclients from 1 workstation and deploy update's ?
03-03-2015, 06:38 PM,
Hello AjDuLion,

This is a question that has been on my mind as of late as well. In my opinion it comes down to defining what a 'management system' needs to do with respect to our Pi Thin clients.

You can check out this post for further discussion - http://forum.armtc.net/showthread.php?tid=1490

I have heard that the creator of rpitc might be looking into a management system for Pi Thin Clients at some point in the future..but as of today nothing native exists.

I myself use RPi-monitor to help me manage my Pi Thin Clients (through good old SSH but using shellinabox).
05-03-2015, 02:27 AM,
When I lauch Vmview, I can connect to the Connection server, but when I try to launch the desktop, I just bounces back. The admin console doesn't show a session, so I know its not hiding. Viewer does connect via Windows, however, so server setup isn't an issue.
06-03-2015, 08:20 PM,
First of all thanks for the great work on this. The only issue I am having so far is that it does not show me my IP Address or MAC Address in the upper right hand corner on the screen like it does in your screenshots. I am using the base image with no changes and I am accessing the network over ethernet using DHCP. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I know this is a small problem in the big scheme of things but it would make it easier to just look at my ip in the corner as was intended.

Thanks in advance.
07-03-2015, 06:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015, 06:31 PM by hgy.)
(19-02-2015, 11:58 PM)Starseed6 Wrote: ... and now when I reboot the device it does not auto-login any more. I haven't dug in to why yet - wondering if anybody else has run updates and has a similar problem?

The same for me after apt-get upgrade...

reenabled autologin by modification of /lib/systemd/system/getty@.service
change
ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --noclear %I $TERM
to
ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty -a root %I $TERM

(06-03-2015, 08:20 PM)jsbowl16 Wrote: .. The only issue I am having so far is that it does not show me my IP Address or MAC Address in the upper right hand corner on the screen like it does in your screenshots.

To fix this, I modified the conky settings in the file ~/.conkyrc (user rpitc).
in the TEXT definition replace eth0 by eth1 (and wlan0 by wlan1 for wlan adapter).
the modified parts will look like:
${if_up eth1}${addr eth1}${endif}
and
${execi 99999 cat /sys/class/net/eth1/address }

(16-02-2015, 10:02 AM)admin Wrote:
(16-02-2015, 01:31 AM)Mark Amos Wrote: Great beta! Works great with ethernet.

I'm having difficulty with wifi, though. Is wifi supported in this release?

Not yet Smile

When I logout the desktop and use startx (user root) it starts a xfce desktop and with wpa_gui I can conntect to the wifi (shows my Wi-Pi as wlan1).
When starting the desktop as rpitc the wpa_gui does not show any wifi adapter.

So this is mainly a permission issue...