Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import Certificate for VMware?
26-02-2015, 09:21 PM,
Import Certificate for VMware?
Hello all,

First post...loving this forum..yes...real geek love for the forum, the Thin Client Project work so far and of course...the Pi!

After a bit of fiddling I am happy to say it's all installed and tested via our PCOIP VMware...it was way too easy for a Beta! Not that I am complaining.

There is one issue that I hope someone can help with. We connect to our View desktops (via the connection brokers) using 443. We can at the moment bypass it, however soon we will be only allowing 443 connections. my issue is that no matter what I try I cannot import our SSL cert.

The issue looks like the View Client isn't seeing any of the certificates being imported (using IceWeasel).

So, do we need to apt-get a cert manager or look to somehow symlink where the certs have been imported so the View Client can access/see them? I did see a symlink fix for an older version of Citrix using a link to the /Mozilla/ca-certificates folder, however I cannot figure out how to do this and the imported certificate isn't even in that folder anyway.

Any guidance would be great!
26-02-2015, 11:49 PM,
RE: Import Certificate for VMware?
Any error/info in the /tmp/vmware log file? (client side)
26-02-2015, 11:53 PM,
Thanks for the reply.

I will log in when I am back in the office tomorrow morning and check. The error appearing when trying to use 443 with the client was saying the certificate was not trusted.
04-03-2015, 01:33 PM,
Sorry for the delay.

Nothing much in the logs apart from that it cannot find a root CA.

We may not be importing the Root Authority cert correctly.

As we have our on CA. Could you confirm how to go about the importation?
06-03-2015, 10:22 AM,
Did you add you root cert in the client?
First, copy your CA to dir /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
then: sudo dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates
06-03-2015, 11:02 AM,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, tried the cert in a few different locations just in case:

/usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
/usr/local/share/ca-certificates/extra
/etc/ssl/certs/

The last one is the one documented within the VMware Horizon Linux configuration guides. Unfortunately, after running dpk-reconfigure for all locations and checking the physical folders to make sure the certs were there correctly the application still shows the Untrusted server message :-(
06-03-2015, 04:15 PM,
When you run dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates the CA is showed on the list?
06-03-2015, 04:39 PM,
Yes. I then select it and run through the normal process. All completes fine.
04-04-2015, 01:07 PM,
Has anyone got this working yet? View Client with own cert? Just can't get it working!
13-04-2015, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-04-2015, 10:32 AM by admin.)
I think the problem is in the Iceweasel CA, not the OS CA...
In Iceweasel go to Edit, Preferences, Advanced, Encryption: View certificates. Click import under Your Certificates and select your usercert.p12 (You have to convert it in p12. If you have a pem cert convert with: openssl pkcs12 -export -in usercert.pem -inkey userkey.pem -out usercert.p12). Got to servers, import cacert.crt.

Make sure that your cert authority shows up under the authority tab (otherwise try importing cacert.crt). Highlight the relevant authority, and click on edit trust: select the relevant fields of identification (e.g. website and/or email).