Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Up Straight Into Citrix Receiver
06-04-2015, 04:17 PM,
Thumbs Up  Starting Up Straight Into Citrix Receiver
Hi There,

This is an amazing project! We currently serve up a cloud based desktop solution and we'd like to start delivering pre-configured Raspberry Pi 2's so we can eliminate the costs of desktops and laptops.

We use Citrix Receiver and it's been doing great for us on other devices. I'd like to know how to get the image to boot straight into Citrix Receiver instead of heading to the GUI. I meandered through some of the files using my very limited knowledge of Linux and couldn't quite figure it out.

In what file do I put my script? And what file needs to run to get receiver up?

I went to this thread here:
http://forum.armtc.net/showthread.php?tid=1527

But that thread references a file location that doesn't exist on my build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks so much for this project. I can see big things for this in the future!
07-04-2015, 11:31 AM,
RE: Starting Up Straight Into Citrix Receiver
(06-04-2015, 04:17 PM)danblee Wrote: Hi There,

This is an amazing project! We currently serve up a cloud based desktop solution and we'd like to start delivering pre-configured Raspberry Pi 2's so we can eliminate the costs of desktops and laptops.

We use Citrix Receiver and it's been doing great for us on other devices. I'd like to know how to get the image to boot straight into Citrix Receiver instead of heading to the GUI. I meandered through some of the files using my very limited knowledge of Linux and couldn't quite figure it out.

In what file do I put my script? And what file needs to run to get receiver up?

I went to this thread here:
http://forum.armtc.net/showthread.php?tid=1527

But that thread references a file location that doesn't exist on my build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks so much for this project. I can see big things for this in the future!

I also want to know this, for Vmware-View Smile

So please if someone could help, would be really nice!
07-04-2015, 12:13 PM,
In the release version of RPiTC2 (got a problem with Citrix 13 client, we will release it soon) is present a script (keepmeup.sh) to start automatically on boot and keep up an application and another script (autostart.sh) to autostart an application on boot.

In xfce there is a gui to enable/add/disable/remove an application, just go in Settings, Session and Startup, Applications Autostart
07-04-2015, 12:23 PM,
(07-04-2015, 12:13 PM)admin Wrote: In the release version of RPiTC2 (got a problem with Citrix 13 client, we will release it soon) is present a script (keepmeup.sh) to start automatically on boot and keep up an application and another script (autostart.sh) to autostart an application on boot.

In xfce there is a gui to enable/add/disable/remove an application, just go in Settings, Session and Startup, Applications Autostart

Thanks! it works to start vmware on boot now, only i can't find (with help from google) to find the location where i can set the deafault connection URL, can u please help me out?
07-04-2015, 12:29 PM,
connection url can be passsed via command line or configuration key:
https://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/...cument.pdf
page 28:
view.defaultBroker
-s,--serverURL=
Adds the name that you specify to the Server field in Horizon Client. Specify a fully qualified domain name. You can also specify a port number if you do not use the default 443.
Default is the most recently used value.
Examples of using the command-line option:
--serverURL=https://view.company.com
-s view.company.com
--serverURL=view.company.com:1443
07-04-2015, 04:56 PM,
(07-04-2015, 12:13 PM)admin Wrote: In the release version of RPiTC2 (got a problem with Citrix 13 client, we will release it soon) is present a script (keepmeup.sh) to start automatically on boot and keep up an application and another script (autostart.sh) to autostart an application on boot.

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into the keepmeup.sh. Does the issue with Citrix 13 mean it can't be started automatically?

In my searching I did find the Applications Autostart and I could add the Citrix 13 application there, but that means it's loading after a GUI is loaded, which would be fine if I could manipulate the application I want to autostart so it could be full screen without minimization. I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks again for the reply!
07-04-2015, 11:08 PM,
You can take a look to the official Citrix for Linux manual:
http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServ...-Guide.pdf
Under "Configuring Connections"
08-04-2015, 04:20 PM,
Perfect, thanks! I'll look deeper into this and see where it leads me. I'll report back soon.