Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citrix Reciever Problems!
22-02-2016, 03:52 PM,
Citrix Reciever Problems!
Hi All,

So I am trying out RPiTC as a solution to replace some windows PC's we have running Citrix Apps on in our NOC, and I was hoping for a perfect experience out of the box, but sadly no joy!

We have a number of different Citrix servers, as each environment/customer gets their own. Trying to fire up a published application in ice-weasel, once the reciever plug is set to Always Activate you get the first error, which was "Dynamic Module 'libproxy.so' could not be loaded (null)".

That was solved using "ln /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so.4" (the package was already installed in my case)

I now get the Citrix Receiver popping up from Ice-Weasel, scrolls it's progress bar a bit, then goes away. Running the receiver from the command line and specifying the ICA file manually, I now get a SSL Error 38 on one system, and a segmentation fault on the other!

Can anyone point me in the right direction here, or has experienced this before? There are lots of posts about Error 38, but I've checked the time & date (I had initially found the system was an hour ahead, set to Berlin not London) and that doesn't seem to be the case. We don't use certificates to authenticate.

Cheers!

Alex.
22-02-2016, 04:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016, 04:49 PM by DaWast.)
RE: Citrix Reciever Problems!
Hi,

there are some possible reasons for this issue.
Pretty sure the issue is farm related and not client.
Can you provide some more details about your farm and connection setup and what RPI Version you are using.
Mostly this error is firewall and/or netscaler related.

Here some Citrix Articles:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132767
https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2011/07/09/...netscaler/

Regards DaWast
-= Feel Free to use the Search function in the upper right corner =-
22-02-2016, 04:58 PM,
I don't actually know what the details are for the farm, I've only been here just over a month Wink

I'm running this on a Pi2 Model B though. Odd that one gives a error 38 and the other gives a seg fault though. Are there any logs locally, or do I need to chase down the error 38 on the farm logs?
22-02-2016, 05:13 PM,
On the client you can run the receiver from command line and see if there is more output.
But i think you already did this.
So the farm logs are more important.
First of all you should take a look at the netscaler log if present.

But it could be a certificate issue too.
Keep sure that you installed the needed root and intermediate certificate on the client.

Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.armtc.net/showthread.php?tid=1782
22-02-2016, 06:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016, 06:04 PM by Alex Threlfall.)
Is the certificate stuff always needed - we don't do anything specific to run these apps on our windows desktops?

Oh, and I'd already seen & accepted the EULA and the file has contents - seen others with that issue.
22-02-2016, 09:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016, 09:36 PM by DaWast.)
If you are using a certificate thats root in not trusted yet you need to install it.
This is different from windows because on windows the receiver uses the windows build in certificate store.
While on linux the receiver uses its own certificate path.
To simplify this the easiest way is to link the mozilla certificate store to the citrix receiver path. Steps mentioned in the above related thread.

The EULA is just on the receiver start and your problem is beyond this point.
Have you tried to add the Citrix farm to the receiver manually?
23-02-2016, 11:41 AM,
So using this worked for me off a fresh copy of the image;

Code:
sudo su
apt-get update
apt-get install –y icaclient ctxusb libcurl4-gnutls-dev
ln /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so.4
systemctl enable ctxusbd
ln –s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
/opt/scripts/dockyadd.sh selfservice.desktop
apt-get autoremove --purge -y
apt-get clean
sync
reboot

Which is great - however as with all such things, you clear one error and get another! I'm now having issues with transparency of the windows - this I have now solved by turning off the Compositor within the Window Manager Tweaks.
06-08-2016, 10:21 AM,
(23-02-2016, 11:41 AM)Alex Threlfall Wrote: So using this worked for me off a fresh copy of the image;

Code:
sudo su
apt-get update
apt-get install –y icaclient ctxusb libcurl4-gnutls-dev
ln /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcurl.so.4
systemctl enable ctxusbd
ln –s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
c_rehash /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
/opt/scripts/dockyadd.sh selfservice.desktop
apt-get autoremove --purge -y
apt-get clean
sync
reboot

Which is great - however as with all such things, you clear one error and get another! I'm now having issues with transparency of the windows - this I have now solved by turning off the Compositor within the Window Manager Tweaks.

Which image you are using? Does it work on the latest image shared by the admin??
I am using the latest image right now. But ready to switch to any image you suggest - the citrix receiver should be working that's the bottomline - my only usecase.
Also, i have got certificate named *.pem, it's not *.crt. How to deal with this? Where should I copy this certificate?
14-08-2016, 08:53 AM,
On using the altest RPiTC v3 1.01 release image and manually installing the citrix 13.2 client and 1 more package - libcurl4-gnutls-dev after which the symbolic link was also created, and installing the certificate in the mozilla folder first and then doing a c_rehash as suggested which was later on followed yb accepting the citrix EULA, worked like a magic for me.