Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPiTC3 alpha
03-03-2016, 11:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 10:08 AM by admin.)
RPiTC3 alpha
RPiTC3 alpha image for RaspberryPi3 available here:
http://dl.armtc.net/RPi-TC/RPiTC3_alpha.img.xz

Changelog:
- OS updated with latest Xorg packages
- fbturbo_drv updated to match new X org ABI
- updated kernel/modules/blobs for RaspberryPi3 board

ToDo:
- Update RPiTC Builder to add RPi bluetooth/wlan support
- Update RPiTC Builder with new VMWare 4.0 and NoMachine 5.1 packages
- Add a good network manager
07-03-2016, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 09:08 PM by Bryan Arnold.)
RE: RPiTC3 alpha
I'm working with the Alpha 3 release.

Some suggestions (all from what I'm seeing) are :
- remove the 4 raspberry pi logos from boot up.

That's it for now.
08-03-2016, 10:12 AM,
(07-03-2016, 08:59 PM)Bryan Arnold Wrote: I'm working with the Alpha 3 release.

Some suggestions (all from what I'm seeing) are :
- remove the 4 raspberry pi logos from boot up.

That's it for now.

This can be done just by rebuilding the Kernel. If you absolutely need that you have to edit the kernel .config file and uncheck the "Bootup Logo" under "Device Drivers->Graphics Support"
06-04-2016, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016, 04:30 PM by Nagios.)
We're seeing the hostname staying the same when an image is made and then deployed out to multiple Raspberry Pi 3's. Is there anyway to have it auto generate the hostname every time like in previous builds so every machine gets a unique name and they aren't all the same?

Edit: It appears all machines using any of the images, the base alpha image included, are getting the machine name rpitc-fd061ded which doesn't match the MAC address of any of the Raspberry Pi's we have in house.
19-04-2016, 02:09 PM,
The new image works exceedingly well. I too would like to have the old naming convention available as in the RPiTC_X image. My configuration management needs unique names in order to sign certs, and of course automagically would be better then manually naming dozens of machines. Could you point Nagios and I in the direction of how you obtained the MAC address based name at startup on the X image? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
25-04-2016, 10:45 AM,
(19-04-2016, 02:09 PM)matthew Wrote: The new image works exceedingly well. I too would like to have the old naming convention available as in the RPiTC_X image. My configuration management needs unique names in order to sign certs, and of course automagically would be better then manually naming dozens of machines. Could you point Nagios and I in the direction of how you obtained the MAC address based name at startup on the X image? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
This is a feature I would also like to see very much!

@matthew
what kind of parameters do you monitor in nagios?
or is it just "thin client is connected" and "thin client is not connected" or more like cpu, ram, ...

Do you use snmp?
25-04-2016, 03:40 PM,
@GDog, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the forum user named Nagios. In the user environment I have, I would rely on user complaints to find issues with these thin client systems. But there are lots of points to monitor if desired, one of the most interesting/telling might be the CPU temp.
25-04-2016, 04:43 PM,
Tongue  RE: RPiTC3 alpha
Haha, sorry, I should improve my reading skills, thanks for your answer though!
28-04-2016, 05:01 PM,
I found an acceptable solution:

1. Copy /etc/init.d/hostname.sh from the RPiTC image on an original model B to /etc/init.d/hostname.sh on the new RPiTC3 image.

2. Add the next line in the crontab, I added mine as root, but it might work from the rpitc account:
@reboot /bin/bash /etc/init.d/hostname.sh
19-05-2016, 03:42 PM,
So I'm working with the alpha build for the raspberry pi 3. Please forgive me if this is a common problem or I somehow missed an instruction, I'm new to RPITC altogether. The problem I'm having is two-fold. 1.) When I attempt to run the bashme script, it is unable to load any packages except the default. 2.) and more importantly even when I build with default packages and the script runs properly, when I reboot the RPITC builder shows again anyway. Any help is much appreciated.