RPiTC x64 Live Distro
Finally the RPiTC x64 Live Distro is here! Smile

Download link:
http://dl.armtc.net/x86-TC/RPiTCx64.iso
MD5 checksum: 43564d59d97112b04a849dffd10633b3 RPiTCx64.iso

If you like it, DONATE!
12-01-2017, 02:24 AM,
RE: RPiTC x64 Live Distro
host name using mac address like the Pi solution would be a welcome addition...
16-01-2017, 12:28 PM,
Hi Paul,
yes good advice, I'll include it in the next release.
If you want to modify the image and create a new one with your custom packages/modification you can use remastersys or LinuxRespin (already installed in the OS, you can find it in the settings menu).
remastersys/respin usage is tricky, arm yourself with patience and a vm test environment Smile
Good luck! Smile
27-01-2017, 07:28 AM,
Quick and dirty auto name...

save the file in /etc/init.d
make a symbolic link to it from rcX.d (I used RC5.d assuming everything is up by that point)
seems to work OK.

About to get stared on image redistribution, have used clonezilla in the past. Will check out included tools
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#! /bin/sh
# Change the hostname to the machine MAC address
# sethostname.sh v1.0

if [ -f /opt/scripts/namedhost ]

then

# hostname already set
exit 1

else

# set hostname to mac address and set flag

ifconfig -a | grep "HWaddr" | awk '{print $5}' > /etc/hostname
touch /opt/scripts/namedhost
shutdown -r now

fi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not a programmer, stolen most ideas from online sources... if someone has a better way to do this
please let me know!
18-02-2017, 05:47 AM,
I would like to buy a fan-less mini PC with SSD drive, HDMI video, LAN for the Live Distro running only the Remmina Remote Desktop client connecting to Windows 10.

What hardware features in a mini-PC would provide the best video and sound for the best price?

Celeron Quad Core enough or would Core i3 or i5 do better?
Intel or AMD processor?
2GB or 4GB RAM?
Onboard graphics ok and anything to avoid?

Has anyone used the Live Distro on a mini PC that they really like?
Compatible drivers and great video/sound?

I have the Raspberry Pi2, but the video/sound doesn't cut it.

I'm looking for 2 or 3 and don't want to spend $500 each if $200 will do as fine.

Thanks!
20-02-2017, 11:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017, 10:25 AM by admin.)
For your budget, you have to stay with the Atom x5/x7 CPU.
You can take a look at the Intel Compute Stick, the version with Atom x5 Z83xx with licensed Windows is working very well as a thinclient. You can install Ubuntu too. (costs about 170 euro in EU).
Obviously there is 1000 cheaper china clones of the same stick, 99% with unlawful Windows license/no Linux support so pay attention!

Current generation of AMD APUs are good but in few months the new AMD Zen APUs will be released, so better wait.