Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPi-TC ARMv6j Release 4 available!
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 06:15 PM by Gibbio.)
RPi-TC ARMv6j Release 4 available!
What inside this RPi-TC release 4:
- Debian Jessie ARMv6j armel Kernel 3.6.11 (dual Kernel)
- Citrix Receiver 12.2.3 (v13 is buggy)
- VMWare View Client 1.7.0 (no PCoIP)
- Quest vWorkspaces 7.0b
- RDesktop 1.7.1
- xFreeRDP 1.1.0-beta1
- OpenNX 0.16.0.725
- X2GO Client 4.0.1.1
- SPICE GTK+ 0.20 Client (virt-viewer 0.5.7)
- TN5250 Client 0.17.4
- Iceweasel with ICA & Spicy plugins enabled
- LXDE w/ Openbox Desktop Environment
- Fast & nice boot :)

Update, new, bug solved & know bug on this release:
- added tn5250 client (AS/400)
- added vnc shadowing on display 0 (password: raspberry)
- added default user profile with ALL settings in BOOT partition: base_profile_rpitc.tar.gz
- update ssh server conf: listening on port 22 for rpitc user and also for root with password: raspberry
- updated linux firmware free/non-free package for some usb dongle (like atheros, ralink etc). If you need it, install it.
- updated & rebuilded all package to fit Debian Jessie release
- updated & rebuilded Iceweasel to 17.0.8esr-2
- updated & rebuilded spice-gtk to 0.20 and remove-view to 0.5.7
- now hostname is generated on macaddress, ex.: if mac is a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6 hostname will be: rpitc-d4e5f6
- now desktop and applications start as normal non-root user: rpitc with pass raspberry
- rollback to LXDE with openbox menù. XFCE is still available on repo!
- rollback to xfreerdp 1.1.0 still checking for full screen problem on v > 1.1.0-b
- rollback to old boot intro :)
- solved wrong path on OpenNX
- solved wrong dependencies on mesa 9.1.x + libwayland0 0.85
- solved wrong preinstall script on rpi-firmware package
- bug on wayland-client0 wayland-server0: they are needed, don't autoremove it!

Readme, please!:
- to change autostart application modify this file: $HOME/lxsession/LXDE/autostart (or use right-click menù)
- to add Desktop icon just add a .desktop file in $HOME/Desktop/ like the others (or use right-click menù)
- to enable monitor sleep mode remove the file $HOME/.xsessionrc
- Dual Kernel: just change config.txt (inside BOOT partition) and change the line: kernel=kernel.img in kernel=kernel-std.img to use standard RaspberryPi Kernel.
- Default sound output is HDMI, to change it to analog just: amixer cset numid=3 1

HOW-TO Install:
- Download image here or here or via torrent here.
- Extract the archive and write the .img file in an SDCard with dd or diskimage.
- Plug your SDCard into your RaspberryPi board. Power on!
15-11-2013, 09:19 PM,
Wink  RE: RPi-TC ARMv6j Release 4 available!
Hello Gibbio and the rest of the users.

I have been testing with RPi-TC, and I can only say THANK YOU. This is a fantastic project. I am going to try to give a feedback, and I can support you reporting bugs or proposing features.

We keep in contact.

Pablo.
16-11-2013, 08:57 AM,
RE: RPi-TC ARMv6j Release 4 available!
Spice renders 2D on pixman library. 2D acceleration on rpi is rendered through virtual framebuffer. but lately rpi foundation has been working on enabling full fledge wayland support on rpi with onboard broadcom hardware. they have a technical preview in the repositories. Can you look into it? My question is can this wayland acceleration be used to smooth spice client functionality in rpitc ?

namely weston on rpi.

http://wayland.freedesktop.org/raspberrypi.html
17-11-2013, 03:52 AM,
(16-11-2013, 08:57 AM)sarfaraz1989 Wrote: Spice renders 2D on pixman library. 2D acceleration on rpi is rendered through virtual framebuffer. but lately rpi foundation has been working on enabling full fledge wayland support on rpi with onboard broadcom hardware. they have a technical preview in the repositories. Can you look into it? My question is can this wayland acceleration be used to smooth spice client functionality in rpitc ?

namely weston on rpi.

Welcome sarfaraz1989.
I have been reading about what you said and for me sounds interesting. I am also interested in spice and its performance, so starting "enabling the hardware acceleration" is the first step. You can get in using the Collabora repo (Collabora is the company that has ported wayland to Raspberry Pi) and install weston.
I cannot show the repo link because Akismet says that it is spam, but I hope it is easy for you to get the link.
17-11-2013, 10:20 AM,
(17-11-2013, 03:52 AM)Pablohn Wrote:
(16-11-2013, 08:57 AM)sarfaraz1989 Wrote: Spice renders 2D on pixman library. 2D acceleration on rpi is rendered through virtual framebuffer. but lately rpi foundation has been working on enabling full fledge wayland support on rpi with onboard broadcom hardware. they have a technical preview in the repositories. Can you look into it? My question is can this wayland acceleration be used to smooth spice client functionality in rpitc ?

namely weston on rpi.

Welcome sarfaraz1989.
I have been reading about what you said and for me sounds interesting. I am also interested in spice and its performance, so starting "enabling the hardware acceleration" is the first step. You can get in using the Collabora repo (Collabora is the company that has ported wayland to Raspberry Pi) and install weston.
I cannot show the repo link because Akismet says that it is spam, but I hope it is easy for you to get the link.

No i know the repo. I dont have a working rpi for now sdcard issues.
I was just wondering whether weston/wayland support on rpi . can somehow improve rpi's SPice Clients 2D performance. Jpeg images buffered in the protocol are drawn on client end i.e. rpi . as of now this is rendered through pixman lib on the cpu. I was wondering if spice-gtk can use openvg/opengles on wayland. I want to know how the picture fits. I am wondering when Gibbio would also reply here.
19-01-2014, 03:46 PM,
Hello Gibbio

(06-11-2013, 05:07 PM)Gibbio Wrote: - rollback to xfreerdp 1.1.0 still checking for full screen problem on v > 1.1.0-b

I compiled xfreerdp (branch stable-1.1) on Raspbian, but cannot run in full screen mode.
(As written in https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/1549)

But in RPi-TC ARMv6j Release 5 it works now!
What was the solution to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Tom