Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boot Slpash Change
13-02-2014, 12:03 PM,
boot Slpash Change
Hello
thanks for this great work
i want to ask is there anyway i can change boot splash video
and if i want to make my own edited image how i can do it using current image of ARMTC
thanks
10-03-2014, 11:45 PM,
Wink  RE: boot Slpash Change
SmileI had to find this myself, log in as admin, open the /opt, you will find two files RPi-TC.M4v and Ending.M4v remember to save your new Video in the same format and name scheme..

ALSO remember to pay RPi-TC for there work. it great if Free but it still took time and hard work to make it work as great as it does so Pay them for it

thanks
09-04-2014, 09:53 PM,
RE: boot Slpash Change
(10-03-2014, 11:45 PM)Techmonkeys09 Wrote: SmileI had to find this myself, log in as admin, open the /opt, you will find two files RPi-TC.M4v and Ending.M4v remember to save your new Video in the same format and name scheme..

ALSO remember to pay RPi-TC for there work. it great if Free but it still took time and hard work to make it work as great as it does so Pay them for it

thanks

Hi!

how did you created/converted the new splash in the m4v format? I've tried a lot of programs but i couldn't make it work.

Thanks!
16-04-2014, 03:25 PM,
Hi mhcamillow

the current splash is not converted.
Its just an m4v movie that plays during boot.
It has been created with an movie creation tool.

regards dawast
-= Feel Free to use the Search function in the upper right corner =-
17-04-2014, 08:37 PM,
(16-04-2014, 03:25 PM)DaWast Wrote: Hi mhcamillow

the current splash is not converted.
Its just an m4v movie that plays during boot.
It has been created with an movie creation tool.

regards dawast

I've already figured out how to do it, thanks a lot!
02-05-2014, 10:58 PM,
first sorry for the delay, I found using the blow very helpful in making start splash. I will post more details.

I downloaded the Adobe After Effects, imported the video I wanted, and in the render settings I put the Output Module as Custom, and choose h264 in format, and in Format Options, in the Multiplexer panel, I put none.
13-05-2014, 11:28 AM,
Yes, correct, and remember to remove the multiplexing option and the container option, video must be a raw video
22-09-2014, 03:23 PM,
Hey Guys,

how can I disable the intro video (I want to see the console when booting)? I found a mentioning of the RPi-TC.m4v in the udevfile in /etc/init.d/udev. Since I am pretty new to Linux and not fully understand init.d (yet), i am afraid to change something there.
Can i just comment out the whole Case function?

Greetings
Marc
22-09-2014, 09:10 PM,
just comment out (put a # at the beginning of the code line) line 149 of /etc/init.d/udev

https://github.com/Gibbio/RPiTC/blob/mas.../udev#L149

(22-09-2014, 03:23 PM)ZER%STUECK?LER Wrote: Hey Guys,

how can I disable the intro video (I want to see the console when booting)? I found a mentioning of the RPi-TC.m4v in the udevfile in /etc/init.d/udev. Since I am pretty new to Linux and not fully understand init.d (yet), i am afraid to change something there.
Can i just comment out the whole Case function?

Greetings
Marc
23-09-2014, 09:57 AM,
(22-09-2014, 09:10 PM)admin Wrote: just comment out (put a # at the beginning of the code line) line 149 of /etc/init.d/udev

https://github.com/Gibbio/RPiTC/blob/mas.../udev#L149

Hey admin,

thx for the fast reply. I also uncommented the killintro.sh call in
Code:
/home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
so i don't have processes trying to do stuff that's not necessary on startup.

PS: do you know how long we can rely on our sysinit? I heard systemd will be enforced on all distros and theres lots of changes coming.
I don't want to change my current RPiTC Build any further, except some cosmetics like hiding mouse-cursor in RDesktop (havent figured a way out yet), but will sysinit still work in say 2 years?

Greetings