ARMTC Forum

Full Version: freerdp and RDesktop won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have installed latest RPI-tc and everythings boots well, but I can't start freerdp or rdesktop. When I click the demo shortcuts (with offcourse edited hostname or IP inside), it just does not do anything.

I also tried launching the apps directly, but then I get a terminal screen for a second that dissapears.

What could be the problem?

Thanks!!
(05-11-2014, 11:48 PM)mitch2k Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have installed latest RPI-tc and everythings boots well, but I can't start freerdp or rdesktop. When I click the demo shortcuts (with offcourse edited hostname or IP inside), it just does not do anything.

I also tried launching the apps directly, but then I get a terminal screen for a second that dissapears.

What could be the problem?

Thanks!!

I had the very same problem at first. I use the Pi to connect to our Server 2008 terminal server. I put the IP in the link and it wouldn't do anything. I believe what I did was edit the link, take out the part that refers to the screen size, remove the pertaining switch too. Then I replaced it with the /f switch which means full screen.

Hope that fix works for you too.
(06-11-2014, 03:58 AM)Airwolf Wrote: [ -> ]I had the very same problem at first. I use the Pi to connect to our Server 2008 terminal server. I put the IP in the link and it wouldn't do anything. I believe what I did was edit the link, take out the part that refers to the screen size, remove the pertaining switch too. Then I replaced it with the /f switch which means full screen.

Hope that fix works for you too.

Hi,

I tried that, but does not seem to work for me Sad.

If I try to start the app directly (right click on desktop, RPt-RC Apps, then RDesktop or xFreeRDP), nothing happens. No error, no warning. Only an empty terminal screen that dissapears.
could you post your Exec line from https://github.com/Gibbio/RPiTC-X/blob/m...desktop#L3 ?
I am having the same issue? Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi boosted,

Like admin had suggested in his post previous to yours...what is your exec line from the shortcut?

Right click on the RDesktop Example!.desktop shortcut on your desktop. Use Leafpad to open it.

Tell us what your Exec= lines says.

Thanks.