ARMTC Forum

Full Version: dfreerdp - how do we use it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using rdesktop for the past year and half for our thin cients but finally thought I should see if dfreerdp will be a faster experience for us.

I've downloaded the latest SoftFloat install and I've read through Sand Brow's thread on dfreerdp.

I found his rdp.sh script (in /usr/bin) and from the terminal issued the same instruction adding in my IP address at the end like so:

Code:
sudo dfreerdp  --disable-full-window-drag  --disable-menu-animations  --disable-theme-theming --no-tls --no-nla -x b -g 1920x1080 -f --direct-surface 192.168.10.100

My screen goes completely black with the exception of a blinking cursor in the top left corner. I see the following in my terminal:

Quote:connected to 192.168.10.100:3389
Negotiated encryption: level=0x2 method=0x2
Unable to find a match for unix timezone: Etc/UTC
SetVideoMode 1920x1080x16 0x0
DirectFB client initialized in experimental --direct-surface option!
Mine VT is 1

Then I'm back to my terminal prompt and no connection is made to the remote server? I've confirmed that rdesktop connects without issue to the remote server. Why won't dfreerdp work?

Anyone who has successfully connected via dfreerdp and can point out what I'm doing wrong, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.
Just wanted to add that I even downloaded Sand Brow silentroom.img to testing connecting to my remote servers using dfreerdp but it didn't work either.
Has no one use the dfreerdp on rpitc? If this is as fast as forum posts suggests it is I would think we would all want to use dfreerdp on our Pi Thin Clients.
(26-02-2015, 12:45 AM)greavette Wrote: [ -> ]Has no one use the dfreerdp on rpitc? If this is as fast as forum posts suggests it is I would think we would all want to use dfreerdp on our Pi Thin Clients.

Hey Graevette Smile
Im testing dfreerdp on RPi2 and its working very well! I'll include it in the next release. Performance are very good (you can see it on my last post on the blog) and seem to be stable.
I'll also include directvnc, a frame buffer vnc client, useful if you need to connect to your Apple osx desktop (already tested and it's working very well).
That's great to hear! I look forward to trying it out and ensuring it is stable enough for us to use. I'll be looking to script it into my bash script that I autorun to connect the Pi Thin Client to their respective Virtual Machines (based upon the hostname I assign to the Pi Thin Client).

Could you confirm for me as well if I could use the dfreerdp in your RDP Gui client you created? Two of our employees need to use RDP Gui to connect into their VM's and currently I use rdesktop. If dfreerdp works well for us I would want to use it as well with your RDP Gui.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this project!

I should mention with regards to the RDP Gui...I'm willing to make the changes myself if you give me some direction and test it out. I didn't want to dump more work onto you. Any changes I make that work well I can add to the code for you.