ARMTC Forum

Full Version: Newbie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i just found this wonderful project. Now i'm wondering where i can find some docu for the start.

After installing the system comes up (great look!) but i'm not able to start a rdp-session to a win-client (disabled by default?) the button shows no reaction.

Otherwise i didn't found the default credentials for a ssh-session...

Sorry for that stuff ;-)

grts
Michael
Hello micba01, welcome to the forums!

You are correct in that there is no formal documentation for how to use this thin client O/S but once you dive in and begin to look around I found it quite easy to setup and use. Here are some tips for you:

The shortcuts you see on the desktop are examples so you can modify them to connect to what you need. If you are using rdesktop or XFreeRDP, right click on those shortcuts and edit it in LeafPad. Look at the "Exec=" line and modify it to connect to your desktop/server (change the USERNAME and PASSWORD as well as the 192.168.0.100 to your needs).

You can also open a terminal and put in the instruction from the Exec lines you see in the shortcuts (the details after the = sign only) and that will connect you to your remote computer.

If you want to you can also add into your autostart file (nano ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart) the connection instruction and your Raspberry Pi Thin Client will auto connect you upon reboot.

Another option for you that I use in my office is the RDPGui that the creator of rpitc created for us. It's only useful for rdesktop or XFreeRDP type connections but allows you to login to the servers/desktops you specify in the settings with a professionally looking username and password fields - http://rpitc.blogspot.ca/2013/09/freerdp...lient.html

So dive in and look around and ask questions in the forums...I've found the developers and other users of rpitc are very helpful. Smile
Thank's for the helpful reply. Meanwhile i did what you suggest an dig into the desktop. A really useful tool!!

I've got the rdp-stuff running which is my main interest. SO everything is perfect.
Next i i'll have a lokk on the rdp-gui-client.

Thanks again.
Michael

(17-02-2015, 05:45 PM)greavette Wrote: [ -> ]Hello micba01, welcome to the forums!

You are correct in that there is no formal documentation for how to use this thin client O/S but once you dive in and begin to look around I found it quite easy to setup and use. Here are some tips for you:

The shortcuts you see on the desktop are examples so you can modify them to connect to what you need. If you are using rdesktop or XFreeRDP, right click on those shortcuts and edit it in LeafPad. Look at the "Exec=" line and modify it to connect to your desktop/server (change the USERNAME and PASSWORD as well as the 192.168.0.100 to your needs).

You can also open a terminal and put in the instruction from the Exec lines you see in the shortcuts (the details after the = sign only) and that will connect you to your remote computer.

If you want to you can also add into your autostart file (nano ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart) the connection instruction and your Raspberry Pi Thin Client will auto connect you upon reboot.

Another option for you that I use in my office is the RDPGui that the creator of rpitc created for us. It's only useful for rdesktop or XFreeRDP type connections but allows you to login to the servers/desktops you specify in the settings with a professionally looking username and password fields - http://rpitc.blogspot.ca/2013/09/freerdp...lient.html

So dive in and look around and ask questions in the forums...I've found the developers and other users of rpitc are very helpful. Smile
Glad to hear you are up and running! Hopefully you'll find rpitc as useful as I do. Smile