ARMTC Forum

Full Version: dfreeRDP screen artifacting (w/ pics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I work for a medium size global manufacturing company and here at our U.S. branch, we are trying to implement the raspiTC in order to allow users to remote in to their desktops from the conference room. We have found the only RDP client with acceptable speed to be dFreeRDP. I created a script which I attached a picture of. The point of the script is to change the dfreerdp.server file to the user's desktop, named 'gus-Dxxx' (where xxx is the users desktop number). This way, the user does not have to edit the dfreerdp.server file manually (this would be way too complex for them).

Here is my question: I have tried everything under the sun to get these screen artifacts to disappear. Nine times out of ten, within the first few seconds of logging in to their desktop from dfreerdp, the screen turns into an 'etch-a-sketch' mode, where you can see the entire RPITC desktop, but when you move the mouse, the trail shows the current remote session. I attached a picture for reference, because it is hard to describe. I thought maybe it was the terminal trying to output messages, which could cause this, but even after attempting to suppress the messages with 'nohup' in the command, it still happens. I am lost and I want to be able to use this OS because it truly is thin and fast for our project managers and engineers. I appreciate your time!
The problem is in the FrameBuffer/Xorg surface layer. You have to avoid to have multiple surface rendering active at the same time. If you run dfreedrp from a terminal in the desktop you will see this effect (2 layer active, rendering the terminal in Xorg and the dfreerdp session in the framebuffer layer). If you run the dfreerdp from a icon shortcut or by using the autostart script without a terminal there is no xorg layer to render and you will not see the artifacts.
admin,

You solved the issue for my company and we are very grateful. I now have the script only changing the freerdp server to the user's computer, and then they click the icon shortcut for dfreerdp. Perfect.

Thank you again!
Hello,
First, thanks for your great job !

I tryed to use dfreerpd with autostart checked but i still get those artifacts, and if I clic on the shortcut same issue. How can i fix it? Thanks
(15-02-2016, 02:45 PM)Toto71 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
First, thanks for your great job !

I tryed to use dfreerpd with autostart checked but i still get those artifacts, and if I clic on the shortcut same issue. How can i fix it? Thanks

Try to disable the conky time/date widget in the autostart menu