ARMTC Forum

Full Version: Citrix Client won't launch apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We use the ARMv6j_R5 version of RPiTC and it has worked great for us for quite a long time. Recently, if there is a new device added, say I have to replace a Raspberry, I can sign in to Citrix just fine, but when I click to launch an application it just quick blips on the screen like it connects to the server for just a second, but then just stops and does nothing.

The thing is, I can log in as the same user on a Linux or Windows machine, and it launches just fine.

I am half thinking it is a licensing issue, but we have not found a way around it! If this issue happens on a Windows machine, there is the registry hack where you delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\License000 key and you can login and launch apps like normal.

If anyone has found an answer to this, I would greatly appreciate it!
HI,

if this issue is a license issue you can not do anything on the client side.
Sounds maybe like a rdp license issue?!
Better take a look at the server logs.
There you maybe can find whats going wrong and even if it is a license case
Regards DaWast
(02-06-2017, 12:01 AM)DaWast Wrote: [ -> ]HI,

if this issue is a license issue you can not do anything on the client side.
Sounds maybe like a rdp license issue?!
Better take a look at the server logs.
There you maybe can find whats going wrong and even if it is a license case
Regards DaWast

We found that it is indeed a license issue. It is still a little strange, but here is the story as of now..

Around the middle of march we moved around 30 licenses to a different server to use for the the new Citrix vda's that are getting set up. Apparently, if one of our Pi's had one of those licenses, when it's renewal time came back up, it obviously couldn't find the license.

I have a stack of previously deployed Pi's at my desk, and the 3 that I tried, all had the same issue: you could log in to Citrix, but applications would not launch. Then, we tried a brand new Pi, brand new sd card, and everything works perfectly.

So, we are thinking that, all those old Pi's must have a record of their MAC address stuck in the Citrix license pool, and will not hand out new licenses to them. If you introduce a new MAC address, it will hand a new license out no problem.

Now we just need to figure out how to clear those old MAC entries so we can re-use all the spare Pi's that we have...
Hi,

this sounds strange. :-)
So is this a citrix license or a rdp license issue?
If this is citrix related you can try to release the old licenses.
See this link how to do so:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/licensing/...ice-r.html

Regards DaWast
I'm pretty sure it is Citrix. We looked at that document yesterday actually. Seems our version of Citrix is too old for the udadmin tools? Either way, it wasn't installed and not a lot of time was spent figuring out if we COULD install it.

Thanks for the help/ideas.
What Citrix farm version you are running.
This tool is many many years old.