ARMTC Forum

Full Version: It is possible to run rpitc 3.112 on the new raspberry pi 3 B +
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is possible to run rpitc 3.112 on the new raspberry pi 3 B + ?!?!

if so?
(19-03-2018, 11:13 AM)Lino De Marinis Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible to run rpitc 3.112 on the new raspberry pi 3 B + ?!?!

if so?

I just tried on a rasberry pi 3B+ and it stucks in B+
But I don't know if it's me doing it wrong or the board it self....

I have now tried the same SD in an rasberry 2 and it works. So atm it does NOT work with B3+

I will not try a inplace apt-get update and see it it helps. But I guess there are drivers or CPU model is different and that is the problem
I've now tried to make a inplace upgrade on my working pi 2 board. But it's still stuck on the colorful boot screen on the PI3 modelB+
(21-03-2018, 04:57 PM)Johan Nidelius Wrote: [ -> ]I've now tried to make a inplace upgrade on my working pi 2 board. But it's still stuck on the colorful boot screen on the PI3 modelB+

I've now succeded to make it boot by rebuilding firmware from a PI2. But no wifi working.
Hi Johan,
I have PI3 B, so I could rebuild firmware with than.

Could you please share info (or any link) on how rebuilding firmware for PI3 B+ ?

Thank you in advance
(19-03-2018, 11:13 AM)Lino De Marinis Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible to run rpitc 3.112 on the new raspberry pi 3 B + ?!?!

if so?

I have managed to do the update on my previous pi and then put the SD card into the new raspberry pi 3 b+ and it works fine. below is what I did.

ran following commands,

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rpi-update
sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot
(16-04-2018, 08:30 PM)Lloyd Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]

if so?

I have managed to do the update on my previous pi and then put the SD card into the new raspberry pi 3 b+ and it works fine. below is what I did.

ran following commands,

sudo apt-get update
sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot

Did you get wifi working as well? If so I guess something is corrupt with my previous install. Also we had some issues with mouse and random disconnects on the 3b+
Sorry for the Delay.
You are right.
The missing part are the boot codes that you upgraded with the rpi-update.

But the latest image it self is not made and well testet on the 3b+ model yet.
(28-05-2018, 05:17 PM)Johan Nidelius Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2018, 08:30 PM)Lloyd Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]

if so?

ran following commands,

sudo apt-get update
sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot

Did you get wifi working as well? If so I guess something is corrupt with my previous install. Also we had some issues with mouse and random disconnects on the 3b+

I also did the same in my 3B. Now the Micro SD works in the new 3B+ but WIFI doesn't work. Any idea why?