Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange problem with 2 clients
03-04-2015, 11:33 AM,
strange problem with 2 clients
Hey guys,

I have a strange problem. At the moment the Thin Client project runs well on over 30 Raspberry Pi's. But there is a problem with two of them. After a different period of use, the raspberry freeze completely. I have to change the SD card, and then it works again and after a certain period, the problem strikes again. When I use the "dmesg" command for these clients, there is the following output you can see on the picture (also immediately after the card change):

With the other Raspberry's there aren't these red messages.
Thank you for help!
07-04-2015, 11:37 AM,
RE: strange problem with 2 clients
Ummm very strange issues. Can be a power supply problem? Try to use another power supply or change the overclock setting to:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
10-04-2015, 07:46 AM,
Thank you for your hints. We are working on it at the moment. Maybe it is a problem with the overclocking settings. There is one device which freezes for example if you play a full screen video. If we change the overclocking settings, this problem isn't there. But that's an individual case. I will give you more information if we see the problem.
10-04-2015, 03:12 PM,
I have been deploying RPITCs as production thin clients since October. We did notice that when using certain SD cards, namely Kingston Brand 8GB class 10 cards, that this would happen. Reflashing the card would work, for a while, but then we would end up with the same issue. We solved this with new Samsung 16GB class 10 EVO cards. These have given us no issues since October with 20 units in full production.
10-04-2015, 07:17 PM,
I have been working with another forum member, DaWast, and the overclock settings were causing a couple of problems for me as well, on a select few machines. Initial tests look good that the default frequencies might need tweaking for more consistency. I am a high volume user as well, and it is something that is probably just not seen on the small scale.