Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk Image Issues
27-05-2015, 03:45 PM,
Disk Image Issues
I have been having the hardest time trying to get the disk image to work for RPTC. I have tried 4 different SD cards. Every time I boot up the Pi it freezes on the loading screen at some point. I have to then unplug the Pi and if I try to reboot with the same card it returns a virtual address error.

I have tried to DISKPART (clean and create partition primary) and complete format with SDFormatter (with ovewrite and size adjustment on).

When I put NOOBS on the same cards they load up just fine and install Raspian without and issue. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks!
27-05-2015, 03:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015, 03:53 PM by DaWast.)
RE: Disk Image Issues
What version you are using?

Try another Power supply prior the first boot.
The new raspberry is very sensible to a to low power supply.
Also remove the overclocking options in the config file as discussed in some other threads too.
-= Feel Free to use the Search function in the upper right corner =-
27-05-2015, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015, 06:00 PM by datony.)
Thanks for your advice, but changing the power supply and the raspi-config file did not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

I am using the CANA Kit raspberry pi 2 B with the provided 2.5A power supply and several micro sd cards including the one that came with it.
27-05-2015, 06:33 PM,
Have you tried to redownload the image?
There is no known issue on that except the Power Supply or Overclocking part.

What tool you are using to write the image to the sdcard?
27-05-2015, 07:00 PM,
I have two versions of the image. The zip and the rar. I am using Win32DiskImager. Thanks.
27-05-2015, 08:01 PM,
I used three different power supplies (one that is 2.1A, 2.5A and 3A). I went into raspian and set the overclock to none. and then inserted the card. md5's match up with my image and the one stated on the site. Is there another way to turn off overclock?
28-05-2015, 09:38 AM,
If you are saying that you went into raspain and disabled the overclock means that you just disabled it for that image.
You have to change the overclocking settings in the config file before you start the image for the first time.
You can edit it also unter windows because the boot partition is fat formated