Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vmware client usb redirection
28-08-2015, 09:17 PM,
vmware client usb redirection
Hi all,

I'm testing this wonderful project and I'm very thankful.
When I try to use usb redirection with vmware view client does not works. Host detects usb but in vmware client I don't have the option to use usb devices.

Its possible to make usb redirection works with vmware client on this distribution?

Thank you very much in advance.
29-09-2015, 04:59 PM,
RE: vmware client usb redirection
it work correctly with me, i'm using the last build and i test it with usb key and usb smartcard reader
29-09-2015, 05:16 PM,
(29-09-2015, 04:59 PM)ceriox Wrote: it work correctly with me, i'm using the last build and i test it with usb key and usb smartcard reader

Thank you very much.

Can you tell me which horizon view version are you using? I'm using horizon view 5.3.4 and does not work usb devices pluged to the raspberry.
09-10-2015, 10:40 AM,
sorry my bad, it dosn't work here too Sad
09-10-2015, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 11:21 PM by Walter Stemberger.)
(29-09-2015, 05:16 PM)Jesus S Wrote:
(29-09-2015, 04:59 PM)ceriox Wrote: it work correctly with me, i'm using the last build and i test it with usb key and usb smartcard reader

Thank you very much.

Can you tell me which horizon view version are you using? I'm using horizon view 5.3.4 and does not work usb devices pluged to the raspberry.

I will check monday the versions. I tried it in more than one win version, one r->v converted, another linked clone persistent pool, and with two different USB sticks.

I did not touch anything in the configs about USB, just systemctl disable other not needed USB redirection services.

When I plug the USB stick in Raspberry Pi 2, the connected VM OS imediatelly discovers it, intalls it if not done before and map it on a first letter R/W.

I tried to copy someting in both directions, succesfuly.

The smartcard reader I tried to use is not working, but I had some problems with it on the native windows, I have to plugin it twice to make it work...

I am going to the end with my testings, I will try to rebuild directly another microSD following my docs and after that I will publish the image, if the author of the original agrees.
13-10-2015, 05:33 PM,
(09-10-2015, 11:19 PM)Walter Stemberger Wrote:
(29-09-2015, 05:16 PM)Jesus S Wrote:

Thank you very much.

I will check monday the versions. I tried it in more than one win version, one r->v converted, another linked clone persistent pool, and with two different USB sticks.

I did not touch anything in the configs about USB, just systemctl disable other not needed USB redirection services.

When I plug the USB stick in Raspberry Pi 2, the connected VM OS imediatelly discovers it, intalls it if not done before and map it on a first letter R/W.

I tried to copy someting in both directions, succesfuly.

The smartcard reader I tried to use is not working, but I had some problems with it on the native windows, I have to plugin it twice to make it work...

I am going to the end with my testings, I will try to rebuild directly another microSD following my docs and after that I will publish the image, if the author of the original agrees.

Thank you very much I'll appreciate