Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace Boot Video Issue
02-12-2015, 02:57 AM,
Replace Boot Video Issue
I am trying to replace the boot video with a custom one, but I just get a black screen for some seconds while it boots. I have changed the h264.sh script and can change back to the original without issue. The video is encoded with h.264 and I can play it with omxplayer on the same pi manually. Any suggestions?

Let me also say...I really love this project. Great job.
02-12-2015, 10:16 AM,
RE: Replace Boot Video Issue
boot video use the h264 player from Raspberry Pi (here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...ello_video). You have to test your videos with this player.
02-12-2015, 08:51 PM,
I have an h264 video, but since it was created on an Apple product the h264 is in a Quicktime container. I think that may be the issue. I just can't seem to find a way to change that. Also is there a way to test the video using a player on my Ubuntu system perhaps? I keep transferring files to the pi over and over again without success.
03-12-2015, 02:18 PM,
Yes, remove all the container, when I build the after effect video I have to remove the default mpeg (or avi?) container. Also, i cannot play the video with standard players in Windows/Linux due to this option.
You can test it just with a raspberry board, I think there is some limitation in the type and format of the videos you can play with h264 player.
03-12-2015, 03:58 PM,
That was exactly the problem. Thanks! For anyone interested this is what I did on Ubuntu with a video made on a Mac which had a Quicktime container.

avconv -i video_in.m4v -codec copy -c:v libx264 video_out.h264
06-12-2015, 08:46 PM,
Would anyone have advice on how to build their own video completely on Linux (Ubuntu preferably)? I don't have a MAC and I have no experience with making videos. I really like the video rpitc has but it would be nice to be able to create my own customized video with our company logo perhaps.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
07-12-2015, 01:05 PM,
I dont know if under Linux there is some software to create intro videos like the RPiTC one. I use Adobe After Effect to do that (running on mac and windows os).
Easy way imho is to search for a template (there is lot of website hosting templates for adobe after effect) that you like and customize it.
02-02-2016, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016, 11:42 PM by barucha.)
(07-12-2015, 01:05 PM)admin Wrote: I dont know if under Linux there is some software to create intro videos like the RPiTC one. I use Adobe After Effect to do that (running on mac and windows os).
Easy way imho is to search for a template (there is lot of website hosting templates for adobe after effect) that you like and customize it.

Find in fiverr.com after effect maker.

But tell me how can I replace the file in the video folder while I dont have permission, and where I define which file name to pickup ?
09-02-2016, 09:44 AM,
Smile
sudo su -
and you have the permission to the folders