Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner Info needed
02-03-2016, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016, 12:44 PM by All Sprechende.)
Beginner Info needed
Hi all,
i am new to RPiTC2 and to this Technology in General.
- Is there a free Server (for testing purposes) that I can connect my RPi to after installing RPiTC2 or I have to install a Server by myself?

- Is it possible to connect to use RPiTC2 from Home via DSL Internet or IP of my RPi must bi visible from outside?

Thanks a lot in advance
Alex
02-03-2016, 12:56 PM,
RE: Beginner Info
Hi,
Ummm free server... I think there is a Citrix demo server you can use for testing purpose (you can find more info in the citrix official website). Dont know if there is other free testing server for other services.
You can freely and easily install NoMachine, X2GO, ThinLinc or RDP (windows enterprise/server, or with some thirdparty app/software under OSX and Linux) in your Windows/Linux/OSX machine and test it.

Didnt understand well your second question, normally you have to expose some ports/protocols in your router/firewall if you want to remote connect to a service
03-03-2016, 12:27 PM,
RE: Beginner Info needed
(02-03-2016, 12:56 PM)admin Wrote: Didnt understand well your second question, normally you have to expose some ports/protocols in your router/firewall if you want to remote connect to a service

Thanks a lot your answered all my questions.