Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard Stuck and Performance Loss
26-03-2014, 12:57 AM,
Keyboard Stuck and Performance Loss
Hi Everyone,
Firstly just let me say what a great distro. This is such an obvious thing to want to do with a RaspberryPi.

I'm using Release 0.9 (from the change log) and I'm only connecting with RDP to a Win 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Server. We only have one Pi client on trial and no problems with other HP Thin clients running over the same WAN connection. The Pi is not a member of the domain and the Remote Desktop Client is the only thing running on the client.

I'm having two problems.
1) Keys appear to be stuck Usually the Tab key or the Page down.
The user touches the stuck key again and it unsticks. They are using a wired keyboard. We have replaced the keyboard and also used a second Pi with the same SD card and the problem has persisted.

2) The user tells me after several hours of work (after lunch) the RDP client response slows down. She says it takes ages to change between full screen apps running on the remote server. I have not had chance to further diagnose this one yet but thought I may as well mention it while I'm here.

I notice in another thread there is a similar discussion on the stuck key problem using the Citrix client. Was a solution found for that problem?

If we can get this running smoothly we will probably buy a stack of them.

Thanks in advance.
David
15-04-2014, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014, 03:57 AM by dpollard.)
RE: Keyboard Stuck and Performance Loss
Hi There,
I just thought I'd let you know what I came up with incase someone else has this problem.
On my command line that starts up the RDP connection I had one of the switches specified twice.
-x m was towards the beginning and -x l was further down. I think it was using the second one and expecting LAN speed connection.

Goes much better once I removed the second one.

The Stuck Keys thing is still going on but it only happens once a week or so now where before it was 3 or 4 times a day.

David