Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is connection is lost? RDesktop
23-01-2014, 04:48 PM,
What is connection is lost? RDesktop
Hi!
First of all: Kudos to everyone involved in this project!
I recently started a small project where we aim to replace som old HP Thin Clients.

The solution was raspberry pi with rpitc-OS and rdesktop for RDP.

Everything works like a charm after following the instructions and we're happy about that.

Our problem:
These are clients that's supposed to be online 24/7 and so far we're ok but what happends if the internet connection is broken (maybe we have to change a switch, change network and so on) but the pi totally freezes. We're stuck in the RDP-session but can't use the mouse or keyboard and the only way to come back is to restart the pi.

Is there some kind of scirpt, or anything else we can do that restarts the pi automatically when internet connection is broken? Or is there any other solution to this problem?

(I don't know all the terminology in english so please excuse me if anything is straight up wrong.)

Thanks
Rob
24-01-2014, 11:39 AM,
RE: What is connection is lost? RDesktop
that happend every day (in the morning after some non-using hours) or randomly?
did you try with freerdp?
soon i'll release a package with the new RDesktop 1.8.1, maybe something is changed!
29-01-2014, 04:37 PM,
RE: What is connection is lost? RDesktop
I tried freerdp instead and it seems like that works a bit better. It reconnects the session even if the delay is something like 5 minutes!
Thanks for your help!