Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vworkspace - launch with .pit file
31-01-2014, 02:56 PM,
Vworkspace - launch with .pit file
Hi,

I'm trying to use this to connect to a Vworkspace farm via the web portal. I can download the .pit file using the browser, but it won't list vworkspace as an application to launch it with.

I was wondering if you could share the installer for vworkspace so I can install this on a wheezy install? I only need this one application to use the device as a thin client terminal.

Regards

Chris
11-03-2014, 10:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 11:07 AM by Dell-Andrew.)
RE: Vworkspace - launch with .pit file
Hello Chris,

I work for Dell and support vWorkspace.

Your most likely chance of getting this working is to download our Wyse T50 vWorkspace Connector.

The Wyse T50 is also an ARM device.
https://support.software.dell.com/vworkspace/kb/114826

You will need a login to download that software so if you don't have one, speak to your vWorkspace administrator as they should have one as long as you're still in maintenance.

I've tried this in a QEMU emulated Pi and it did not work. However, a customer with a Pi said it did work for them.

It's not officially supported but I think you should make some progress on it.

Please let me know how you get on,

Andrew
#Iwork4dell

Hello,

Another approach would be to use the Raspberry Pi option of running Android.

With Android installed, you should be able to go to the PlayStore/Market and download the vWorkspace Android Connector.

It's probably worth trying both and reporting back which gives you better performance on the Pi.

Thanks, Andrew.