Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003
01-07-2014, 04:16 AM,
RE: Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003
Hi Dennis,

Sorry about that...I shouldn't have put brackets around those userid and password. You are correct with your example...no brackets are needed. I use -z to make the test connection a little faster (compression). Your lxterminal example is correct.

If it doesn't connect, ensure you are using a domain ID that has access to your server (is an Administrator or is in the Remote Desktop Users Group). Check to see what version of remote desktop your server allows. I think you said it was Windows 2008. Look in System > Advanced System Settings > Remote Tab > Look at Remote Desktop section. For it to work for me I need to 'Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)'. These are a few things that come to mind on what might be your problem if you can't connect.

Not sure how many domains you have? Only you would know which domain to use. If you were to go directly on that Win 2008 Server (not through Remote Desktop), what userid and password and domain would you use to mimic a user logging in from a remote desktop?

I hope I'm helping you...Good Luck!

Messages In This Thread
Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003 - by dbirk007 - 22-05-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003 - by greavette - 01-07-2014, 04:16 AM