Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003
02-07-2014, 02:01 AM,
RE: Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003
Ok...now we are at the root of these problems. I'm glad you have a better understanding of your situation now. I'm sorry you weren't able to use the Pi with Gibbio's amazing Thin Client Project. Hopefully you'll find a way to use it in the future and come back here. Smile

So it would appear that your original Dell Workstations were not using Remote Desktop.

Using Remote Desktop with a Thin Client is very different than using a full workstation. RPITC is a system whereby you connect to a remote server and use the resources from the remote server for your desktop needs. If you are interested in learning more about remote desktop and the special setup you need as well as licensing, please take a look at this links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Services

For your setup you probably wouldn't need to clone a new larger hard drive. Depending on your server you could probably just drop in a larger (slave) drive and expand your space that way. Each remote desktop client that connects to this server wouuld use resources and space from the server so you'd need to ensure you have enough Ram, CPU and hard drive space. And most importantly, to make this work you need to pay the proper CAL licenses to Microsoft for each client that connects.

I'm happy to help in any way I can. Good luck with your supporting this business.

Messages In This Thread
Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003 - by dbirk007 - 22-05-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Using Thinclient with Win SBS 2003 - by greavette - 02-07-2014, 02:01 AM